Monday, April 8, 2013

The Baby Entertainment Center

Baby entertainment centers are a fairly new twist on the classic baby "walkers."  In the past few years, walkers have slowly drifted off of the market because they are deemed as unsafe.  It is estimated that there are over 21,000 injuries to babies under 15 months annually associated with baby walkers.  This piece of information seems like one of many that boggle many of our foremothers... my mother included as I apparently walked a million miles in mine.  In this day, the internet is a wonderful thing that provides mothers with enough information to drive us all to be a little crazy.  After experiencing two different baby entertainment centers, I can say that I enjoy the peace of mind that comes with a stationary activity center.  I can place Kennedy in it, leave the room for a moment, and when I return she is safely in the same place that I left her (bonus: she is usually content!)!  Now that Kennedy is mobile, this center is a lifesaver and has replaced her baby gym as my means for taking a shower every morning.

As I stated above, I have a lot of experience with two entertainment centers; the Fisher Price Step 'n Play Piano and the Evenflo Exersaucer.  These are the two top centers on the market right now and Kennedy has spent ample time in each.  Hands down, I would recommend the Fisher Price Step 'n Play Piano over the Exersaucer.  It is much easier to assemble (10 minutes versus 1 hour), keeps Kennedy's attention much longer, and I think it is more aesthetically pleasing (as pleasing as any toy can be).  I love that the keyboard below her feet encourages her to move (moves back and forth and swivels 360 degrees).  The only feature that I really like about the Exersaucer is that it allows baby to jump as well as swivel (however, it does not allow baby to walk back and forth).  I highly recommend this purchase to any new mom as it will painlessly allow you to shower, cook dinner, or give your arms a needed break!

Fisher Price Little Superstar Step 'n Play Piano
Product Rating: ♛♛♛♛♛
Price: $110
Eco Option?: No
Where to Find: From Toys 'R Us, Target, and many online retailers


No comments:

Post a Comment