Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Favorite High Chair

High chairs, strollers, and car seats are the three big ticket items that every new mom *hopes* to receive off her registry.  Buy Buy Baby has exactly 119 different high chairs available for purchase online (if I just counted correctly).  When browsing for a high chair, I had a few requirements:
  1. It must be easy to clean.  Babies make messes when eating, and I wanted a chair that didn't require my use of a toothbrush to clean it.
  2. It should, of course, be functional; fitting babies from 5 months until the child can sit in a regular seat.  
  3. It should be reasonably stylish.  A high chair will be sitting at my table for at least another year and a half, so I would like it to be aesthetically pleasing!
  4. It should be made of baby safe materials.  As always, I am very conscious of this subject!
I found a few different options meeting my criteria, and originally registered for the Stokke Tripp Trapp High chair.  Stokke is a Norwegian company and is known for producing high quality Eco-Friendly products.  The Tripp Trapp is an all wooden high chair with an adjustable seat and foot rest, making the chair suitable from 5 months to adult.  The only problem is that the chair alone is priced at $249 and in order to make it functional, you must also purchase a "Baby Set" and a tray ($70 for set, $50 for tray).  

I was in Aspen a few months before Kennedy was due to arrive and spoke with Michelle, owner of (the best!) children's store in the area "Twinkle,"about the subject.  She suggested that I look into the Keekaroo Height Right High Chair and I am so glad she did!  The Keekaroo chair looks and functions almost identical to the Stokke, comes with a tray and *removable* booster seat, and is made in the USA.  The company is also very committed to making safe products for baby and the environment.  All of these items already made the choice to buy a Keekaroo a better one, however, the price made it a slam dunk (see below for price)!


Product Rating: ♛♛♛♛♛
Price: $189 with booster seat, $149 without booster insert.
Eco Option?: Made from Wood and BPA Free Plastic
Where to Find: From Buy Buy Baby, keekaroo.com, and many online retailers.
Note: I found the chair from the manufacturer for $189, however it is listed at $199 from BuyBuyBaby.  Just a helpful tip!



No comments:

Post a Comment