Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Well Organized Baby

I am immensely more organized as a mom than I ever was pre-Kennedy.  I find a sense of peace in organizing among the chaos that inevitably surrounds due to the mass amount of toys and gear strung from one corner of my house to the other.  Below are a few products that have made my life a little easier.

Kidco Bath Storage Basket

I love the bath storage basket because:
  1. The suction cups on wall organizers never seem to work.
  2. Kennedy can take the toys out of this organizer and put them back in by herself!  (Love this!) 
  3. Tons of storage
  4. Expandable to fit any size tub

Kidco Bath Storage Basket
Product Rating: ♛♛♛♛♛
Price: $15
Where to Find: From Diapers.com, Amazon, and other online retailers

Baby Sock Organizers

I was obsessed with Trumpette socks from birth-11 months.  Socks that look like shoes are the perfect accessory to complete every baby outfit.  With all of the colors and styles, I wanted a quick way to match a each pair with the day's outfit.  Over the door jewelry organizers from the Container Store work perfectly for displaying each pair neatly.

80-Pocket Hanging Jewelry Organizer (used for hanging socks)
Product Rating: ♛♛♛♛♛
Price: $19
Where to Find: The Container Store

Baby Headband Organizers

"Cylinder-type" headband organizers are not ideal for crochet baby headbands.  Cylinder's can stretch the headband and they also make it difficult to remove or replace on the organizer.  I found these on Etsy and they have been a lifesaver!  The lady who makes these will put create one with the colors of your choice and pricing is based on how many headbands you would like the organizer to hold.  These could definitely be a good DIY project if you have the time!



EverlastingbySue Headband Organizers
Product Rating: ♛♛♛♛♛
Price: Approximately $15

Stuffed Animal Organizer:

This one I haven't tried yet because I am still waiting on my husband to DIY it.  Kennedy has become obsessed with stuffed animals and at 18 months, I am already feeling overwhelmed at how many we have accumulated!  I absolutely love this idea for stuffed animal storage because your child can easily put them away or access them by themselves (hammocks, hanging clothes pins, or storage bins usually put toys out of reach for your child).  The only thing I don't like about "The Zoo" is the price.  $160 for a few 2x4's and bungee cords seems a little obscene.  I guess we will see if it is really worth the price once we attempt to bust out the saw and cordless drill!

The Zoo Stuffed Animal Storage
Price: $157 
Where to Find: www.littlezookeepers.com




1 comment: