Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Not Your Average Umbrella Stroller

Three months ago I was adamantly opposed to buying an umbrella stroller.  Before Kennedy arrived, I bought a heavy weight stroller that would fit her carseat, had a basinet, and a stroller seat; thus fitting her from birth through childhood.  I did not want to waste money on another stroller or get less use of my large one.  In February, I traveled solo to San Francisco with Kennedy via American Airlines (my Grandmother met us there), and before the trip I broke down and purchased an umbrella stroller (gate checking an expensive stroller seemed like a bad idea...airlines are ruthless).  I test strolled many different brands, read many reviews, decided on the Uppababy G-Luxe, and could not be happier with my purchase.  Although it has diminished my use of the heavy stroller, it has come in very useful for quick trips!

The Uppababy G-Luxe has almost every feature you could want in a stroller packaged in a super light and convenient 13 pounds.  

Great features:
  • Reclining seat for optimal comfort
  • Adjustable footrest
  • Super quick & easy fold, and stands on its own
  • Sunshade contains a UV50+ extendable screen to keep your child totally protected
  • The fabric is stain and water resistant, and is oh so soft!
  • Comes with a cup holder (great for my diet coke addiction)
  • The handle bars are at a very comfortable height for both me (5'2) and my husband (6'1)
My only slight hang-ups about this stroller would be that the cup holder detaches fairly easily (I did not know this when gate checking and had to buy a new one), the foot break is rough on bare toes when releasing (crazy complaint but I wear sandals a lot), and in a perfect world there would be a snack tray accessory.  As you can see, I really had to dig deep to find a few areas for improvement!

Uppababy G-Luxe Stroller
Product Rating: ♛♛♛♛♛
Price: $219
Where to Find: From Buy Buy Baby, www.uppababy.com, and other online retailers


No comments:

Post a Comment